Fine Arts Insurance & Exhibits

Fine arts insurance coverage is available, but not automatic.

The University purchases a Fine Arts Insurance Policy which covers fine arts (stationary artwork) for all risks of physical loss or damage including earthquake and flood, subject to the policy exclusions. This insurance is not automatic; you must specifically request or "schedule" coverage prior to any loss. To be eligible for coverage, the fine art must be owned by the university, or on loan to the university with an agreement for the university to insure the artwork.

Permanent Collection

  • To schedule a new department owned fine art, notify Risk Management via Furthermore, Risk Management Services collects information from departments on updates and changes and reports them to the broker.
  • To secure coverage for exhibits of university owned artwork at off-campus locations, notify Risk Management via Note: if you're exhibiting beyond the United States and Canada, insurance policies of overseas exhibits will be written on a case-by-case basis and must be approved no fewer than 30 days before coverage begins.

Temporary Exhibits/Fine Art Not Owned by UC

Report Losses Immediately
Use the Property Loss Report (.pdf) to notify Risk Management of your losses. The deductible for Scheduled Fine Art is $1,000 per occurrence except earthquakes and outdoor sculpture and $10,000 per occurrence for earthquakes and outdoor sculpture.